9 September 2008

Different different but same

Things are different in Iceland.


Little things like the coffee maker in the house where I stay, the way the women are strong and look beautiful. And also bigger things, like the language, the way there comes hot steam out of the ground, and probably lot more that I haven't even seen!
Travelling makes me more aware, makes me look at things, makes me enjoy what I see what I observe. And at first sight, things can look different.

Staying with my friends Lee and Alda in Reykjavik, also makes me realise again that things are very much the same too. It was great yesterday to be eating a home cooked meal together on the kitchen table, to sit in the living room now, having our daily shot of coffee and internet, to be going to a yoga class in an hour and to see how all the 3 of us are waking up to go after our dreams. Lee is working on creating a circus community in Iceland; this never excisted before. Alda just gave up her teaching job so that she can develop her art and work on performing arts, and I.... am dropping the first seeds of AcroYoga in Reykjavik and travel on.


Iceland is beautiful and powerful, I really need to come back here.

4 comments:

sc said...

The beginning sounds good and looks Atlantic.. Where is this gonna bring you? Hmmm.. it'll taste great!!

Johan

Anonymous said...

Diekie!

Ik heb je helemaal gemist vlak voor je vertrek,maar leuk om zo mee te genieten van je reis.
Geniet, speel, voel, LEEF!!!
Het gaat je vast veel moois brengen..

Liefs Marieke

Anonymous said...

Hey lieve Dieke,

forgot to tell you and nice to see you mentioning the strong women as one of your first remarks... I once flew with Iceland Air and remember being impressed, felt safe with the powerful Icelandic female flight attendants : )

Looking forward to hear your experiences, Love Simone

Anonymous said...

hoi diek / leuk / alleen doe ik het wel in het nederlands anders val ik direkt door de mand / het lijkt wel een oer-landschap ? / doet me ook wel een beetje aan iereland denken / bij ons is het openmonumentendag en het thema is " sporen " / misschien ontdek jij nog sporen van nederlanders in n'york / in iedergeval is het wel adriaan geuze die een prijs heeft gewonnen voor de herinrichting van een eiland / adriaan geuze heeft ook het plein ontworpen bij de blaak / je oude voortuintje dus / wie weet ? dutch design is niet goedkoop daar onthou dat / dad x x