16 September 2008

I love New York

People here have a drive, they know what they want and will do what they need to do to get it.
New York...
is intens,
New York never stops,
New York is big, busy
and nothing is impossible in New York.


After the moon-landscape feeling and the great adventure of caving on my last night in Iceland,
New York is probably the most opposite place you can find.

New York.....
I was talking about following our dreams in my last blog message,
it feels more like many New Yorkers are almost running after their dreams...

I'm happy to stay with Kathryn in her spacious and comfortable aprartement and to be surrounded by all the loving and motivated Acroyogi's. I am in good hands and people are giving me so much!
I have been taken out to dinner, welcomed as a guest in several yoga classes, co-taught a super nice class with Kathryn, will share dutch Acro-style class in the park and on Long Island, tomorrow I will give a bodywork session...
We have been playing in the park almost every day (and on the street!) , I was taken to Chelsea Pierce climbing,
went running in Central park (like in the movies!), went to the movie (man on wire, recommended!).
and of course...had many coffee's from starbucks. (I'm sorry...)
and so it goes on and on and on....




There is lots 'n lots of stuff to do in New York,
but sometimes you also gotta stand still.
Tonight I took a minute and stood still at Ground Zero.....which is now a construction site.


I feel blessed to live a New York life for a week,
and be part of the lives of such amazing people....

And the journey continues....
friday off to San Francisco..



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your enjoying yourself.
I can remember the overwhelming feeling I got the first time I visited New York.

Love the acroyoga photo on the street by the way. :)

Take care!

Rik Bikker said...

Never be sorry




about a coffee.


:)

Love,

your bro.

Rik Bikker said...

Hello Sis,

how do you do?

thinking 'bout you!

love, Rik

Anonymous said...

hoi diek / klinkt al goed amerikaans / zal ons benieuwen of je straks nog wel kan wennen in ons kleine / kale / koude / kikkerland ? / fijn dat je er zo van geniet / we wensen je een goede reis / vlucht to S fr. / liefs van mom and dad / x x