29 September 2008

The power of Now



One morning in San Francisco I woke up, opened my eyes, and looked at the little book drawer next to Jeremy's bed..
The title of a book that first cought my eyes was this one; The Power of Now from Eckhart Tolle.
One of my very good friends Yvet, talks about this book as if it where her bible... she reads in it every ones in a while when she needs some reminder of what life was all about..

And that was just what I needed in my time in San Francisco..a reminder...what was it all about?
Even though the weather was beautiful, I stayed in bed for some hours, to read, and to remember.
What Eckhart actually says, might be better for you to read yourself, but for now, what he reminded me of is that actually bliss and enlightment / being one with God and treu happiness is within us, and the only thing that keeps us away from it, is our mind. Our mind is a great tool for organising and functional thinking, but as soon as we start using it for negavtive thoughts, and assumptions and ideas of how things should be, it draws us away from the NOW, from this very moment, that is given to us to be present in!
Writing this, it all sounds so familair, but it was really good for me to be reminded..
As for now I practice being present..
in this moment..

I'm in San Diego and people are being awasome! As soon as I landed in San Diego, the flow was so positive again! Poeple are taking me out, taking me to (Acro)Yoga classes, I'm teaching and subbing classes and exchanging bodywork.
And... something you can't miss in San Diego; somebody will teach me surfing tomorrow!
For some reason it is all becoming very easy to be present......with all this fun stuff..and at the same time I am thankfull for the time in San Francisco, and the insight that was given to me there.

Sending you a lot of warm love from cafe Cream in warm and bleu-skyed, sunny San Diego!
More pictures soon!
Dutchie..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee zussie,

fijn, klinkt goed daar.
lekker gesurfd?

denk aan je

xx

liefs

Rik Bikker said...

H3llo there dear sis!

It was great talking to you on the pjhon yesterday.

we had a phantastic evening :)

have a good time in San Diego,

and if you have the time, check out MPPC in Menlo Park, which a real inspiration to me at the moment.

Love, your brother.

Anonymous said...

lieve dutchie / fijn too meet you so happy/ hier veel regen maar verder zijn wij ook happy door en voor you / morgen ga ik in belgie wandelen voor enkele dagen zal aan je denken / dad